Spotlight On: TNS
Just what makes SkinMedica® TNS Essential Serum® and TNS Recovery Complex® so unique? In addition to boasting an impressive list of proven anti-aging results, they both have one truly remarkable ingredient in common: Tissue Nutrient Solution, otherwise known as TNS.
Formulated via a patented process that originates from human fibroblasts, TNS blends antioxidants, cytokines, matrix proteins and a rich concentration of growth factors in a physiologically balanced preparation that rejuvenates skin.
THE ROLE OF GROWTH FACTORS
Skin is capable of healing, regenerating and growing cells. When examined closely, there are many naturally occurring elements in young, healthy skin that provide tremendous regenerative benefits. Through meticulous research, we have been able to create a treatment that provides skin with what it naturally uses to rejuvenate skin: growth factors. Growth factors play an integral role in skin’s natural ability to rejuvenate.1
- Growth factors are proteins that regulate cellular growth and the activity of skin cells
- A combination of multiple growth factors are present in the skin and work to maintain a healthy skin structure
- Through normal aging, the production and level of certain growth factors like TGFB decrease, resulting in fine lines and wrinkles 2,3
CLINICALLY TESTED RESULTS
TNS Recovery Complex features a 93.6 percent concentration of TNS and has been shown to lessen the appearance of age spots, enhance skin texture, and reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.
TNS Essential Serum—which combines full-strength TNS Recovery Complex with advanced peptides, skin-brightening alpha-arbutin and seven potent antioxidants—was shown in a clinical study to reduce the appearance of wrinkles by 44 percent, help enhance skin tone up to 16 percent, and enhance textural roughness by 89 percent after twelve weeks of twice daily use.
In addition to SkinMedica’s TNS Recovery Complex and TNS Essential Serum, look for this powerful anti-aging ingredient in TNS Line Refine®, TNS Illuminating Eye Cream®, TNS Eye Repair®, TNS Ultimate Daily Moisturizer™ SPF 20 Sunscreen, and TNS Lip Plump System™.
- Werner S, Krieg T, Smola H. Keratinocyte-fibroblast interaction in would healing, J Invest Dermatol. 2007;127:998-1008
- Mori Y, Hatamochi A, Arakawa M, et al. Reduced expression of mRNA for transforming growth factor beta (TGF beta) and TGF beta receptors I and II and decreased TGF beta binding to the receptors in in vitro-aged fibroblasts. Arch. Dermatol Res. 1998; 290:158-162
- Mehta RC, Smith SR, Grove GL, Ford RO, Canfield W, Donofrio LM, Flynn TC, Leyden JJ. Reduction in facial photodamage by a topical growth factor product. J Drugs Dermatol. 2008;7:864-871